Hospital Hugging Program Grants
We are proud to have awarded Huggies® No Baby Unhugged Hospital Hugging Grant to over 30 hospitals across the country to help NICU babies get the hugs they need, even when moms and dads can’t be there to give them.
After 2 years of helping hospitals develop and grow volunteer hugging and cuddling programs, the Hospital Hugging Grant program has now been successfully completed. Huggies will continue to focus our philanthropic efforts exclusively on diaper need, a cause that we have been dedicated to for over 8 years.
Huggies Hospital Grant Award Winners 2017 - 2018:
- Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock, Lebanon, New Hampshire
- Maria Fareri Children’s Hospital, Valhalla, New York
- Chester County Hospital, West Chester, Pennsylvania
- Southern Illinois Healthcare Memorial Hospital, Carbondale, Illinois
- Sutter Medical Center, Sacramento, California
- UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital, Oakland, California
- UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital, San Francisco, California
- Brigid’s Path, Kettering, Ohio
- Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, Atlanta, Georgia
- Rush University Children’s Hospital, Chicago, Illinois
- St. Vincent Healthcare, Billings, Montana
- Southern Regional Medical Center, Riverdale, GA
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center, Berkeley, CA
- Baptist Memorial Hospital for Women, Memphis, TN
- Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford, Palo Alto, CA
- Phoenix Children’s Hospital, Phoenix, AZ
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital, Columbus, OH
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Egleston, Atlanta, GA
- Children's Hospital of Wisconsin at Fox Valley, Neenah, WI
- John Muir Health, Walnut Creek Medical Center, Walnut Creek, CA
- Palm Beach Children's Hospital, West Palm Beach, FL
- Sanford Medical Center Fargo, Fargo, ND
- St. John's Regional Medical Center, Oxnard, CA
- University of Maryland Children's Hospital, Baltimore, MD
- Children's Hospital of The King's Daughters, Norfolk, VA
- Crouse Health, Syracuse, NY
- Huntsville Hospital for Women & Children, Huntsville, AL
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD
- Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL
- Palmetto Health Richland, Columbia, SC
- Sidney & Lois Eskenazi Hospital, Indianapolis, IN
- Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA
The completion of the hospital hugger grant program is effective May 30, 2019. Unfortunately, we will not be reviewing any submissions or rewarding any further grants in 2019.
Our commitment to support hospitals and nurses in the healthy growth and development of newborns still remains. We will continue to work to advance skin health education and research, develop new innovations that meet the needs of NICU and all babies, and put community / families first through continued efforts with the National Diaper Bank Network.
To learn more about diaper need and its impact on US families, click here.
The Power of Human Touch for Babies
Over 600 scientific papers have been published on the effects of human touch on babies. Huggies® commissioned the Canadian Association of Pediatric Health Centres to summarize the science, revealing opportunities for parent education and the potential for volunteer hospital hugging programs.