Huggies® is awarding No Baby Unhugged grants to hospitals across the country to help babies get the hugs they need in the NICU, even when moms and dads can’t be there to give them. In 2017, we awarded No Baby Unhugged grants to 15 hospitals, with more to come in 2018.
Hospitals can apply for a $10,000 No Baby Unhugged grant to launch a new volunteer hugging program or strengthen support for an existing program.
We know hugs come in many forms, so funding can be applied to areas that will be most beneficial for each hospital. Whether it’s for volunteer training and recruitment, purchasing hugger chairs/rocking chairs or developing educational materials, the grants allow for tailored support for each facility.
And we’re getting all communities involved! When a parent signs up at Huggies.com, Huggies® will donate $5 to support more hugging programs.
Hospital Grant Award Winners as of January 2018:
- Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock, Lebanon, New Hampshire
- Maria Fareri Children’s Hospital, Valhalla, New York
- Chester County Hospital, West Chester, Pennsylvania
- Southern Illinois Healthcare Memorial Hospital, Carbondale, Illinois
- Sutter Medical Center, Sacramento, California
- UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital, Oakland, California
- UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital, San Francisco, California
- Brigid’s Path, Kettering, Ohio
- Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, Atlanta, Georgia
- Rush University Children’s Hospital, Chicago, Illinois
- St. Vincent Healthcare, Billings, Montana
- Southern Regional Medical Center, Riverdale, GA
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center, Berkeley, CA
- Baptist Memorial Hospital for Women, Memphis, TN
- Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford, Palo Alto, CA
More grant winners will be announced in 2018.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. The HUGGIES® No Baby Unhugged® Grant Program will accept applications on a rolling basis throughout the year and evaluate submissions in accordance with quarterly deadlines. Open only to Hospitals located within the 50 US/DC that satisfy the criteria set forth in the Official Rules. Subject to Official Rules. Click on Terms and Conditions for complete eligibility application instructions, Grant recipient selection criteria, Grant details and restrictions, etc. Void where prohibited by law. SPONSOR: Kimberly-Clark Corporation.
The Power of Human Touch for Babies
Over 600 scientific papers have been published on the effects of human touch on babies. Huggies® commissioned the Canadian Association of Pediatric Health Centres to summarize the science, revealing opportunities for parent education and the potential for volunteer hospital hugging programs.