The HUGGIES® Nursing Advisory Council
The Huggies® Nursing Advisory Council (HNAC) consisted of experts from the United States and Canada specializing in neonatal and perinatal nursing, occupational therapy, and education, as well as a NICU parent advocate. The essential work of the Advisory Council greatly contributed to extending Huggies® long-standing commitment to partnering with healthcare professionals.
Launched in 2015, the Huggies® Nursing Advisory Council was essential in working with Huggies® to develop resources that recognize nurses’ contributions and help them perform their best — for babies, families and communities.
The broad expertise of the Advisory Council informed resources and continues to provide support for perinatal and neonatal nurses, as well as other healthcare providers who play a critical role in diapering and care for newborn skin health and development. As a result of this collaboration, the Advisory Council published the monograph Every Change Matters™: A Guide to Developmental Diapering Care, with accompanying tools, which provides practical information for incorporating elements of evidence-based developmental care into diapering practices.The Huggies Nursing Advisory Council – Inaugural Members
- Sharon Dore, RN, BScN, M Ed, PhD, Clinical Associate Professor, McMaster University, Ontario, Canada
- Elizabeth Drake, RN-NIC, MN, NNP, CNS, NICU Clinical Nurse Specialist, CHOC Children's, Mission Viejo, California
- Kelli Kelley, Founder & Executive Director, Hand to Hold, Austin, Texas
- Joanne Kuller, RN, MS, Neonatal Clinical Nurse Specialist, UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital, Oakland, California
- Shelly Lopez-Gray, MSN, RNC-MNN, IBCLC, Houston Methodist Hospital and Texas Children’s Hospital
- Jessica McNeil, MSN, RNC-OB, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Debianne Peterman, PhD, MSN, RNC-NIC, NE-BC, Independent Healthcare Consultant